Associate membership of the MCR is open to people in the following categories:
- A – spouses and long-term partners (typically co-habitees), or long term carers of MCR members;
- B – undergraduates who are in their 4th year of studying at Worcester College;
- C – previous JCR or MCR members who still have an academic connection to Oxford University or Oxford Brookes University or who are living and working in Oxford;
- D – a limited number of post-doctoral researchers and doctoral students within the University of Oxford who have a departmental association with, and are recommended by a member of Worcester College’s SCR, such applicants cannot be considered if they already have an association with an Oxford college;
- E – Graduate students not currently full members of the Worcester College MCR and employed by the Dean and Worcester College as the Assistant Dean or as a Junior Dean
Applicants should complete an application form online at https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=G96VzPWXk0-0uv5ouFLPkbHVCfyb36ZPlY9vfZc6mNZUNU9TTDVBVUZPMzVIU0NLT1NUN0ZOM1YxOS4u
Applicants applying under category A or D will be required to provide the e-mail address of the College member with which they are associated who will be asked to confirm they are willing to sponsor your application and that they “know of no reason why [you] should not be granted associate membership”.
The application will be passed to the MCR President and College Dean for approval.
Applicants will receive an e-mail to the address provided informing them of the outcome of their application.
Payments should be made (via cash, cheque or card) at the Worcester College accounts office (first floor of the Besse building).
All associates (except those who are already students of the College under category B) must pay a £150 deposit. This will returned when your membership status lapses provided your College account is in good standing.
Annual membership runs from the date of approval until the Sunday of -1 week of the following Michaelmas term. The charge for annual membership is currently £100 for those in Category A,C,D and E and £45 for those in category B. Payments cannot be reduced for a part year.
The charge for termly membership is £40 per term. Membership runs from the date of approval until the Sunday of -1 week of the following term. Payments cannot be reduced for a part term.